10 Reasons not to Miss IBM InterConnect 2015
“Welcome to fabulous Las Vegas, baby.” You can bet that will be one of the most oft- quoted catchphrases next week when more than 20,000 business leaders and IT pros take over the MGM Grand and Mandalay Bay for IBM InterConnect 2015. If you’ve been to IBM conferences in the past, you’ve seen the likes of marching bands, Cirque de Soleil performers and Magic Johnson on stage – all before 9:00 a.m.
While we don’t know all of the household names taking the main stage at this year’s InterConnect, we do have a glimpse into a few. But that’s beside the point. As much as the mystery speakers are guaranteed to have star power, they’re the warm-up acts for the thousands of technical sessions, hands-on labs, demos, certification opportunities, and networking that will happen over the course of five days.
Dubbed the “Premiere Cloud & Mobile Conference,” InterConnect 2015 brings together three hugely popular IBM conferences – Impact, Innovate and Pulse. Looking at the agenda, and having in insider’s view as a premiere, exhibiting partner, it’s clear that there’s a staggering amount of can’t miss, cool things to see and do.
Here’s our take on the Top 10 reasons not to miss Interconnect 2015.
1. The two-day developer geek fest dev@interconnect , is where all the cool peeps are sure to hang out. Expect to hang out with software developers, architects, designers and programmers who will agree, disagree, hack, speak, train and collaborate. Our favorite girl geek will be one of the hosts. Yes, @katielinendoll returns. And developer champion, James Governor, @redmonk returns as well. Technology is the great equalizer. More power to developers!
2. A passionate healthcare advocate and evangelist, who just happens to be a Cognitive Scale customer ¬– is keynoting at Monday’s General Session. We can’t give away too much but we will say this. If you’ve ever been sick or know someone who has been sick, you’re going to want a front row seat to learn how cognitive clouds are transforming the healthcare industry and the way we, as patients people, receive care.
3. Boy, do we have news for you. For all those Bluemix developers that have been itching to get your hands on cognitive clouds, keep an eye out for our news announcement on Monday, Feb 23. And while we are on topic, don’t miss the Bluemix Reception happening on Monday night.
4. We love Watson. Who doesn’t? Don’t miss the action packed keynote and related sessions on how developers and companies are putting Watson to work.
5. We’re in the Zone. You’ll find us at Pedestal #205 located next to the Cloud Business Application Zone. Stop by, hang out with us and learn how cognitive clouds are transforming industries and business processes.
6. BTW, be sure to check out our demos. Seeing is believing, right. Sure, we tell a good story about cognitive clouds and how they accelerate the value of Big Data, work with both structured and unstructured data, capture and make sense of dark data, and get smarter every time you use them. But have you have to see it to believe it.
7. Land Sharks. With IBM’s thriving partner ecosystem, you can expect lots of opportunities for emerging companies like Cognitive Scale to make great connections. And perhaps learn a thing or two from well-known sharks Daymond John, Robert Herjavec and Barbara Corcoran who will be presenting on Tuesday.
8. Renowned speakers and subject matter experts sharing their knowledge and experience. From big companies or new companies. One mouth, two ears, and the invaluable handshake. Listen well. Interact often. Walk away richer.
9. We got a speaking gig. Cognitive Scale’s CTO and founder, Matt Sanchez is presenting, “How to Use IBM Bluemix to Build Next Generation Cognitive Apps.” Check it out on Thursday, February 26 at 10:30 am in Mandalay Bay’s Jasmine Ballroom E (session #5300A).
10. 20,000 IT and business pros. Aerosmith. It will be like your grammar school, high school and college reunions all rolled into one. Times 100. Except the conversations won’t be flat and only the cool people will be there.
And if you can’t make it to the event, no problemo, get the virtual treatment. Sign up on Interconnectgo to catch some of the great sessions. And we will be tweeting from there. So follow @CognitiveScale @ibminterconnect and the great conversations on #ibminterconnect.